Berlin | My Europe Trip

This summer I travelled 3000 kilometres with the train to visit seven different cities in Europe and I'm really excited to tell you all ...

This summer I travelled 3000 kilometres with the train to visit seven different cities in Europe and I'm really excited to tell you all about it! I travelled with two of my friends and we went to Berlin, Prague, Krakow, Budapest, Vienna, Munich and last but not least, Paris. We purchased and Interrail Global Pass which gives you the possibility to travel with the for a certain amount of days in any country in Europe.

I travelled for 17 days and I've experienced so many amazing things and I've taken so many pictures to put it all in one blog post, so I'll make a different post of every city that I've been to. Since Berlin was the first city I visited, my first post will be about that.

The first things I visited in Berlin was the Berlin Wall. Most parts of the Wall were beautifully decorated with huge graffiti paintings, like you can see in the pictures below. What I noticed overall is that there are lots of graffiti paintings all over the city, and I think it really brightens the city. 


All the graffiti gives the city a young feeling and I also felt like most people that live there have a creative lifestyle. Of all cities I visited, Berlin surprised me the most when it comes to the people that live there. Most people had this cool vibe and wore alternative clothing. I also noticed there are lots of people with the most impressive tattoos and piercings.


The next day, we went to the Reichstag Building. We didn't go inside the building because there was a really long queue and we didn't want to waste our time in the city, because we only visited for 2 days before we left for Prague. But it was still interesting to see this building which has so much history from the outside.



After that, we visited the Holocaust Memorial and the Topographie des Terrors. I think it's important to visit things like these in a city that has so much history. The first pictures below are of the Memorial to the murdered Jews in Europe in the Second World War.



The Topographie des Terrors is an exhibition that shows a collection of pictures from the Nazi Regime in Germany. Some pictures were too awful to look at, so we only saw the indoor part of the museum. Outside there were even more pictures but after we spent about an hour indoors, we didn't feel like seeing the outdoor part anymore.

Of course we also did lots of fun things in the city, such as going out for dinner, chilling in a park and visiting the Alexanderplatz where there were lots of street artists and musicians.




 Overall I think Berlin is a really great city and I had a really nice stay there. I hoped you enjoyed reading this post!



Love, Nathalie 




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Aww those photos are gorgeous!! I've booked to go to Berlin in June for a few days and I'm gonna try and squeeze in as much as possible- it looks soo good :D I'm so glad you had such a lovely time there- I'd love to do something like that in a year or two! Amazing post & you look so lovely in all the photos!

    Love,


    Anne // A Portrait Of Youth

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images