Kingsland | Festival season

On the 27th of April we celebrate the kings birthday in Holland, which is always such a fun day! Everyone dresses up in orange outfits an...


On the 27th of April we celebrate the kings birthday in Holland, which is always such a fun day! Everyone dresses up in orange outfits and there is are always many festivals, parties and markets that you can go to. This year I went to the Kingsland festival in Amsterdam and I had the best time! I thought it would be nice to share some pictures of this day with you.

In the picture above and below I am on the right with the orange feather boa. The fun thing about kingsday is that everyone wears ridiculous outfits, because if we're honest, who really looks good in orange? Exactly, no one does haha! I've seen people walking around in orange suits, onesies and with all kinds of orange accessories. I was planning on wearing my orange t-shirt but the weather prediction was really bad so I decided to wear my black coat from H&M instead (I know I'm boring, sorry!)


However, other years I did try to dress up a little bit more and one time I even dip dyed my hair orange. It actually looked nice so I'm planning on doing it again some other time if my hair has grown long again. You can't see it very clearly in the picture below but it the colour was brighter than it looks.
The festival had multiple stages so there were all different kinds of music to listen to. Most of the stages were outside but there was also one inside the Amsterdam RAI, as you can see in the picture below. To be honest, I am not a huge fan of DJs so I didn't recognize every DJ that was playing, but a few that I've seen that I remember are Brennan Heart, Martin Garrix, The Prophet and Oliver Heldens. It always surprises me how much I actually enjoy these kinds of music when I go to festival, even though I would not listen to it myself.




Even though the weather prediction was shitty, we were very lucky because it rained only one time when we were outside. Overall I just had such a great day! It was nice to spend some time with friends because I hadn't seen some of them in a while.

For the Dutchies that read my blog, what did you do on Kingsday? I'd love to hear about it in the comments!
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images