Budapest | My Europe Trip

The fourth city I visited on my Europe trip was Budapest! It's hard to choose, but I think that this was my favourite city out of a...



The fourth city I visited on my Europe trip was Budapest! It's hard to choose, but I think that this was my favourite city out of all cities that I visited. This city has the coolest ruin bars, amazing thermal baths and the city itself is really beautiful as well. I am returning to it this summer to visit the Sziget Festival, which I am already so excited about!

We travelled to the city from Kraków by train. The trip was during the night and it lasted about 9 hours. This is probably why they say that travelling isn't always pretty haha, because sleeping on a train like this is not so much fun. Luckily, when we arrived in the morning we still had the whole day ahead of us and the weather was nice. We were a bit too tired to already go out and explore the city, so we decided to chill out in the Szécheny Spa.



 
 The Spa was really beautiful and it was nice to go there after such a long trip. Even though the weather was really pretty, I still didn't get a tan so you can easily recognize me as the pale one in the picture haha! This Spa had three outdoor pools so we mostly stayed in those, but inside there were also many other baths or places where you could get (mud) massages.
The next day we decided to explore the city with an hop on hop off bus. This was really ideal because the city is quite big so we wouldn't have been able to see as much by foot. The city is divided by a river so it consists of two parts, one part is called Buda and the other part is called Pest.


One cool place we went to with the the hop on hop off bus was the Buda Castle. It was up on the hill so we could overlook the whole city. The view was really great and we took some nice pictures, including the one at the beginning of this post. If you ever visit the city I would really recommend you to go there. Another place I would recommend is the Parliament of Budapest, because the building is just incredibly beautiful!





 After a long day of sightseeing we were really hungry so we decided to go to an Italian restaurant which had funny placemats. Obviously, on blogs people mostly share their nicest pictures of food. Truth is, the night before we also went out for dinner and we had to wait an hour for our food and it wasn't that good at all so we weren't always as lucky to find nice places to eat.



My favourite thing of this city are definitely the ruin bars. Ruin bars are bars that are build in empty or abandoned buildings. For example, we went to the Instant Bar and this was build in an empty apartment complex. The bar was so big and it just seemed like a labrynth of different rooms. There were chairs and tables everywhere so this made it really cosy, but there were also many empty rooms where you could dance. For example, in the basement there was a DJ and there were other big rooms with music as well. The drinks were really cheap as well so overall it was just a really cool place to go to. The people were all really nice too. There were a lot of people who were travelling just like us, so it was nice to run into people who were making the same kind of trips as we did.


I would recommend everyone to visit this city as well! It is such an amazing place and I did not expect that at all. Have you ever been to Budapest or would you like to go? Let me know in the comments!

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Beautiful photos, Nathalie! Such a lovely tour! Thank you so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh ive been to both budapest & krakow. Beautiful! Hope you enjoyed!
    I have posts from Krakow on my blog

    Www.AnaFlorentyna.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh ive been to both budapest & krakow. Beautiful! Hope you enjoyed!
    I have posts from Krakow on my blog

    Www.AnaFlorentyna.com

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images