Kraków | My Europe Trip

For some reason I never finished my series about my Europe trip, but I was looking back at pictures from the trip I took half a year ago a...

For some reason I never finished my series about my Europe trip, but I was looking back at pictures from the trip I took half a year ago and I really wanted to share them with you! As you may have seen in my earlier posts, I went Interrailing with two friends of mine. We visited the cities Berlin, Prague, Kraków, Vienna, Budapest, Paris and Munich.

This post is going to be all about Kraków, which was such a lovely city. We initially only wanted to visit this place because we wanted to go to the Auschwitz-Birkenau camps that are in this area, but as we arrived we found out that the city of Kraków is really nice! Out of all the cities that we visited, the weather in Kraków was the nicest as well. It surprised me how hot it was there!
 The city has a lovely square where we had dinner the first night. If I'm honest, the pasta I ate there that night was the best food I'd eaten on the whole trip! We also found a really cute place where we had breakfast two times, just because the food was so delicious. Below you can see a picture of the croque monsieur that we had.
We stayed in a cute hostel near the city centre where we met a bunch of nice people. The hostel had a garden where the guests could sit and chill so this was a nice place to meet the other people that were staying there. I expected that this would be like this in all the hostels that we would go to, but I think that Kraków was the only city we went to where we really got in contact with other travellers.
The only bad story I have about the city is that one time I sat on a bench in a park and a bird pooped on me :(
After we explored to city, we went to visit the Auschwitz-Birkenau camps. After learning so much about these concentration camps in history class, I think that this is something that everyone should go to at least once in their life. Therefore we decided to go there as well, because even though we were on a holiday, we still felt it was good to visit some historical places as well (just like we did in Berlin). We went there with a guided tour and the guide gave us a lot of new information so it was really interesting. Apart from that I can't really tell you anything else about what it was like to go there because it is hard to explain, but if you ever have the chance I would really recommend you to go there as well.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images