Visiting Valencia

Last week I finished my final exams at University so after that it was time for a little trip abroad to celebrate that I passed my first ye...

Last week I finished my final exams at University so after that it was time for a little trip abroad to celebrate that I passed my first year at uni! I visited the lovely city Valencia in Spain with my mother. I loved this city because it has so many great places to visit: the historic city centre, the pretty beach and the new part of the city which is all about the arts and sciences.
On the first day we decided to explore the city with a hop on hop off bus because this is always a good way to get around a city that you don't know. We got off the bus at the beach and the first thing we saw there was this amazing sand sculpture as you can see in the picture below. After we walked over the beach for a bit we ate paella at a cute beach restaurant.

I started studying Spanish at uni this year so it was very exciting for me to be in Spain and here people talk Spanish all around me! I have to admit, sometimes it was a little difficult to follow as people tend to speak quite fast, but overall it was really motivating for me to study harder haha! I plan on reading lots of Spanish books this summer. In the third year of my study I am going to study abroad in Spain as well, which I am really looking forward to! I love the Spanish culture, even though I'd probably take me a while to get used to the random hours at which Spanish people have lunch and dinner.
One thing I particularly like about Spain is that there are always big market places in cities where you can go to for grocery shopping. Below are pictures of the Mercado Central.
 
The second day we went biking through the city with a guided tour, which was really fun! We visited the historic city centre and the Ciudad de las Artes y las Ciencias. Below is a picture of the Plaza del Reina and the place where we had dinner that day.
 
We were in the city for four days and we've seen so many things in such a short amount of time. Unfortunately, I did not take pictures of everything but I think this already gives you a little overview of my trip.
Overall I just really loved this city and I would love to go back there some day (maybe even study there!) I hope you enjoyed reading this post!
 

 

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. wat een geweldige blauwe lucht! prachtig ook die foto van het strand. ♡ ik vind je outfits ook super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ik ben nog nooit in Valencia geweest maar het lijkt me een hele mooie stad :) En je outfits zijn echt leuk!

    ReplyDelete

Flickr Images